Virgo Solicitors are suitably qualified and experienced to relieve you of the stress burden when faced with a myriad of debt resolution options. With the right strategy and legal support you can regain financial control.
We offer advice and assistance on the following types of cases:
• Bankruptcy Restriction Orders/ Undertakings
• Charging Orders
• Debt Advice
• Directors Disqualifications
• Consumer Credit Agreements
• Hire Purchase Agreements
• Individual Voluntary Arrangement
• Secured & Unsecured Loans
• Statutory Demand
Virgo Solicitors will work with you to reach a manageable outcome for bad debt or insolvency situations.
DEBT WORK – VIRGO SOLICITORS Costs and service information
Debt Advice is increasingly required in today’s world. Recent figures show that Personal Insolvencies have soared by 55% over the last year and are expected to double in the next twelve months. Debt is, therefore, a growing problem for many of us.
If you are struggling to meet your financial commitments, there are four golden rules you can follow to avoid the traps which may worsen the problem:
- Don’t ignore the problem – it won’t go away and the longer you leave it, the worse it will become.
- Be wary of borrowing more money – don’t borrow more money to pay off your debts without getting advice first.
- Don’t turn your unsecured loans into a mortgage -without getting advice first. If you secure unaffordable debts against your home inevitably you will fail to make the repayments and your home may be repossessed as a consequence.
- Do not pay anyone for debt advice – this speaks for itself. Organisations that want to help you will not charge for initial advice.
Debt recovery: range of fixed fees
We provide the following service:
• Reviewing and drafting letters of claim
• Applications to court
• Correspondence with the other party and court
We are required to give some indication of what these costs might be, but with contested debts this is extremely difficult since there are so many possible variations.
We do not undertake this work on a fixed fee basis. Our time will be charged on an hourly basis with rates ranging from below £120 per hour including VAT for trainee lawyers up to £360 per hour including VAT for senior lawyers.
Any expenses we incur on your behalf (disbursements) – for example, court fees, bailiffs’ charges or the fees charged by barristers or accountants assisting with the claim – are charged in addition and we may ask for these to be covered ahead of the work being done. **The cost of instructing High Court enforcement officers are also separate and not within our fee structure.
If you wish to know more about the costs that might apply to your claim please telephone our office on 0208 885 3999 and we will be happy to discuss this with you. Alternatively, we will aim to respond promptly to emails sent to: email@example.com
The welfare benefits system can be daunting to navigate at the best of times and even more so when misunderstandings lead to the loss of benefits and the prospect of legal action and possible demands for repayment. Virgo Solicitors are among the very small minority of solicitors within the UK who are qualified and experienced to provide the appropriate consultation and handle appeals to the the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) and/or local authorities.
We can provide assistance with appeals other benefits which include:
• Universal Credit
• Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance
• Tax Credits
• Habitual Residence and Right to Reside tests
• Overpayment of benefits and tax credits
• Housing Benefit