VIRGO SOLICITORS LIMITED – WRITTEN COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
The firm’s written procedure for dealing with complaints is as follows:
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure;
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to me as I am the person with direct responsibility for the conduct of your case;
- Upon receipt of your complaint, I will invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. I will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter;
- Within three days of the meeting, I will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions or course of action that we have both agreed upon;
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not conveniently possible for you to attend, I will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint including my proposed suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter. If, for any reason, I am unable to respond within 20 days, I will tell you why, and when I anticipate replying in full;
- At this stage, if we are unable to resolve the difficulty in this way and if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for another senior member of staff in our firm unconnected with your matter to review my decision and examine again the basis of your complaint;
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons;
If you are still not satisfied that we have responded to your complaint appropriately or indeed simply not satisfied with our response, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman. The helpline number is 0300 555 0333, and the address is P O Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should visit the Ombudsman’s website at http://www.legalombudsman.org.uk
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
Dr. Abess A.N. Taqi
Compliance Officer for Legal Practice (COLP)
VIRGO SOLICITORS LIMITED